Saturday, March 28, 2009

Nostalgia

After a month, here I am again. A friend once told me that the reason why she didn't want to have another blog account was because of difficulty in updating two or more blogs. I didn't believe her at first since I had all the time to write at night during my shift...but recently, I resented not heeding her advice. Now I have to juggle my time writing for two blogs! *Sigh*

Anyway, I was checking my friendster account awhile back, all of a sudden I become nostalgic. I remember those days when I was still in school with my friends. Occasionally, some friends leave messages on my mailbox telling me their whereabouts. But most of the time, which is always the case, I have updates about them (particularly my college buddies) through social sites. Gosh, to remember them is to remember how fast time flies, I have more catching up to do. I miss them so badly. Where are they now? Without their permission, I posted their pictures here because they are WANTED...by me.



Rowena Alcantara-Apostol. Weng and I first met in an FX taxi bound from Ever Gotesco-De Castro to Cainta. We were complete strangers then. A week later, she was seating next to me in class! And that was the start of our beautiful friendship. Weng was known for her timidness, but not when she was with the group! Need I say more?! Btw, she's expecting her first child.



Joan Laforteza. Jo and I shared pleasant and unpleasant memories back in college. A year before our graduation, I created a big wall between us. I have misjudged her and said things that really hurt her feelings. I guess, there will really come a time in somebody's life that he will regret losing a friend because of careless words and actions. Although Jo remained to be a good friend, I recall that event with shame until now. I have learned my lesson the hard way. She now happily works at Sykes Asia Inc.



Melona Olaya-David. At first glance, Mih seems intimidating but actually she is quite the opposite. My sparing partner is friendly, thoughtful and fun-loving. Its been a long time since I've last seen her. From her blogs, I learned that she's busy as a training development officer at Sykes, a graduate school student in Ateneo, and a mom of two good-looking kids.



Sheryl Antonio. Sheng's house in Cainta was our secret haven. Right after class, we often go straight to her place to eat baked mac or lasagna, watch TV, do projects, even spend the night for naught. Some things never change for Sheng though. Even up to now, she's a big TV series fanatic--Ally McBeal, Dawson's Creek, Gossip Girl, Sex and the City, West Wing, The Practice [her list is endless]. Sheng and I annually meet (by sheer chance, not planned) to have dinner or coffee somewhere and chitchat the whole day, reminiscing the past and sharing updates on each other's life. She's now working in Makati but wishes to be in Hogwarts!



Janice Saguinsin. Even though she was living in the farthest part of the Philippine archipelago, Sheng and I were her frequent visitors. I remember the day Janice and I documented the Angono festival as a requirement in one of her subjects, people were throwing water like crazy and our clothes were so dripping wet. I had no choice but to borrow t-shirt and undies from her because we had a class afterwards. LOL. Three months ago, I bumped into her at the MRT Shaw station, she said she would meet Sheng that day.



Mary Ann Mercado. Mheann studied in AMA for a year and half. She used to say to me, "Sayang talaga, namiss ko na makasama ang mga intelegenteng tao!" Who could they be? Don't ask me, I'm biased! LOL. Their house in San Mateo became my second home. During school breaks, I spent most of my free nights chatting with her. I haven't visited her for a long time. She's happily married and has two kids now.



Joann Cua. This Chinese-beauty spent a year with us at AMA. She transferred to UP Diliman and finished her bachelor's degree there. Although we were from different schools, she would often call to make sure we were OK. Last time we met, we were supposed to spend the rest of the evening together but she had a date so Sheng, Wena, and I while the night away loitering in Sta. Lucia Grand Mall.



Belinda Gabriel. Like Joann, Belle left our group after studying in AMA for a year. She then pursued a nursing course in Antipolo. Currently, she's in Beverly Hills, California with her daughter, Arrabelle.

Maureen Abad. Mau is a strong-willed woman. She finished Bachelor of Law at the Arellano University. However, she doesn't keep any online journals or even social sites so I wonder where she is right now. Last time I had a chance to speak with her, she was staying in their house in Zambales.

I really miss the good old days. Now that we all have different lives, I can only hope that they are all doing well and someday soon, we will all meet again.

3 comments:

3L said...

I can tell you love your friends. I think about the good old days too. It is easy to build lots of friendships when you have so much time to hang out. As you get older, gain responsibility, or move away it gets harder to keep up. Thank God for great memories, they seem to keep your loved ones in your heart.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures-- how wonderful to have so many friends. (I am so happy you're back-- I thought maybe you were gone for good)

meltormes said...

thanks LLnL and tricia for reading my nostalgic lamentations...hehehe...I thank God always for giving me great friends!

For tricia, I won't abandon my blogspot. Whenever I have time I'll write something here. Kudos to you, guys!